Friday, January 8, 2010

WELCOME TO THE WORLD QUILT




I am in love with this quilt. Good thing the baby shower is on Sunday.
Or I might make up an excuse to keep it.



It wanted to be hand quilted.
Which took forever with all the holiday hubbub going on.




All worth it. A friend is due in a few weeks.
Her husband should be home from the desert just in time to help welcome their little Jakob into the world.



And this cuddly little quilt will be waiting too.


Thank you to Amy and the rest of the Sew-And-Tell Friday folks, all your wonderful comments and support made this project much more fun then sewing a bunch of circles otherwise would have been. In case your confused as to the blog switch, I moved from here. Now I think I'll go see what everyone has been keeping secret for Sew-and-Tell, and Fabric Friday.

22 comments:

Kim D.,  January 8, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

Very cute quilt and great job on the hand quilting.

ktquilts,  January 8, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

Love the quilt!
Blessings,
KT

LyndaG,  January 8, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

Holly - I'm adding circle quilt to my store of baby quilt ideas - and you are so right about the hand quilting... provides inspiration for the one that I have that truly wants the same but that I've been avoiding - one very lucky baby.

Carla,  January 8, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Wow Holly this quilt just pops! Now you inspired me to try circles.

beth,  January 8, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

oooh! I love that hand quilting in there! wonderful!

SueWis,  January 8, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

So cute! Nice choice of colors.

Leslie,  January 8, 2010 at 1:25 PM  

this is amazing...i love the colors and the hand quilting makes all the difference!!! it looks great

Brooke,  January 8, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

that is really a beautiful piece of work. You can tell alot of love went into it!

sew happy Stacy,  January 8, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

Love, love, love the circles and the hand-stitching was well worth it!! It definitely made the quilt! It is sooo cute and I am sure the new baby will get lots of use out of it.

Lesly,  January 8, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

Simply spectacular - love the circles! And the hand work is beautiful - so nice!

Karen,  January 8, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

Great job. The quilting suits the quilt perefectly. Love the bright fabrics.

Leslie - she sews and scraps,  January 8, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

oh my gosh! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the circles and I am amazed at your hand quilting. That family is lucky!

Sara,  January 8, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

I am totally WILD about that quilt - I WANT it! Oh, i do love it and you are right the hand quilting really made it...

Jessica,  January 8, 2010 at 8:27 PM  

Your quilt is beautiful! I love the colors. What a kind and thoughtful gift!

Shelina,  January 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

It's beautiful. Look at nice and round your circles are, and the hand quilting is exquisite. I'm making a circle quilt too.

Fowl Single File,  January 9, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

The quilt is wonderful! I love the bright colors on the white background. Great job!

QuiltyBee,  January 9, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

What a beaut! I like the handquilting so much.

Heather,  January 9, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

That is precious! What a lovely, thoughtful gift. I'm sure it will be treasured! :o)

Michelle,  January 10, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

Absolutely love the circle quilt, fantastic. Thanks for joining fabric friday.

Rene',  January 10, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

Awesome!!!!! Beautiful quilt and lovely handquilting. So pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Connie,  February 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

OK...so I am totally in LOVE with this quilt top! If you ever open an Etsy shop this should be your first item :-)

Anonymous,  March 5, 2010 at 12:04 AM  

What a beautiful quilt! The hand quilting was a perfect touch. I bet the recipient was thrilled.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP